Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Pumpkin Party: Part 2

I have been excited to show all of you the rest of the decor details I put into my sister's pumpkin themed baby shower!
To see other pumpkin party ideas, check out my previous post here.

I left off by showing you these beautiful pumpkin floral arrangements.


To add some interest to these centerpieces, I found leafy autum garland at the craft store and placed it along the center of the tables. I loved how this immediately brightened the room with orange and red hues.


And check out those cute and unique party favors! Baby food jars filled with candy corn and pumpkins. I came across this idea here, and it was perfect for our pumpkin themed baby shower. And it was a great way to recycle all those baby food jars I had laying around.

I created a personalized "food label" in Photoshop, and attached them to the jars with a little glue. What a fun way to say thank you.


 Now, when planning a party (especially a baby shower) there are several important details. Food, decor, favors, games. Games. Don't forget the games!

Looking for some fun pumpkin baby shower games? Here are some of the ideas we used. We also played a little nursery rhyme Jeopardy that my sister worked on so diligently.


The games were a huge hit. But you can't have games without prizes! And why not put a little effort into wrapping up those prizes in a pretty, hand stamped fall bag?


These pretty prize bags were made from plain white paper bags. Dress them up with some metallic tissue paper, hand stamp leaves in a nice arrangement, and viola! I used copper ink and a little pink to add a girly touch...(it's a girl!)

Overall, I think this theme came together beautifully.



Remember, it's the little details that can make a party a party.



But the most important detail is for everyone to have FUN!


Next time you have a party to plan, don't get intimidated by all the details. Relax, enjoy yourself, and focus on one thing at a time. Anyone can have a beautiful party, so why not make it one that your guests won't soon forget?


Now go make something, and enjoy the day!


3 comments: